Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Jenny's scripture bag!

I have been enjoying a bit of Brazilian Embroidery on some felted things. So I thought I would share these things!
This is my daughter, Jennifer's scripture bag. There are three tatted butterflies on the other side, but since I didn't take the pictures, I missed out on getting the picture of that.
 These are the hot pads I made for my daughter-in-law, Megan. The white ones were at first one big one. I cast on 70 stitches and knit 140 rows. I knew it was too big. So I added the crocheted rings on each corner, before I felted it. Then after I felted it I cut it into four hot pads. A good number to cast on would be 40 for a nice big hot pad. the big brown one I cast on 60 stitches and knit 120 rows. After I embroidered on them they didn't lay flat. So I sprayed a bit of water on them and ironed them out and that worked great! These were tons of fun to make!



No comments:

Post a Comment